Apr 22, 2011

Changing Your Beliefs ~ The Key to Permanent Weight Loss

This week at the "ROAD TRIP" Team Challenge we began our 6 week look/listen of my CD series and the processing homework that goes along with it. I am excited about introducing the six personal control guides to you one week at a time. A lot of great classes, workshops and support groups have happen at The Healthy Weigh, but it's your personal reflection that makes the difference in your weight loss journey!

Beginning this weight loss journey by looking backwards is crucial. The beliefs we have regarding ourselves, our relationship with food and so many other things, determine our success with losing weight and more importantly keeping it off. The key to changing in the present is understanding our past.

Sometimes we resist looking at our past because we are afraid that in some way we will be dishonoring our parents. The search for truth, never requires that we dishonor those who raise us. In fact, distorting our memory of those early years through either denial or idealizing is what really dishonors the past, because it makes the past unreal. We must become fearless in our search for the truth, knowing that the truth, truly does set us free. The search for truth is never an excuse to blame or to confront-it's our search, and it's purpose lies within us.

If you've started this journey with us, I want to encourage you to go for it! Don't back away! You'll come away 6 weeks from now with great insight and a positive attitude towards your future.

Being set free is an awesome thing. I hope you'll take the road that leads there.

Email me with questions or thoughts...I'd love to hear from you. You can also comment to this blog. I encourage that as well. letha@healthyweigh.com

Until next week.
Always encouraging you.
Letha

3 comments:

Amy Ruger said...

Letha,

I love that your signature line is so very true. "Always Encouraging You". Thank you for that, you are a huge blessing in my life.

Love,

Amy

Karen P. Montez said...

Letha - I really didn't understand how a simple shift in thinking changes EVERYTHING! Logically I knew that it would, have for years grasped the concept - - but it's completely different when you actually put it into PRACTICE! This has been the easiest conversation (the meal planning) for me, I'm a Virgo and we LOVE structure and order. I'm diggin' this in ways I can't quite explain! I feel lighter than air, and getting lighter by the day! It's very liberating to take charge and make solid decisions and choices! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I heart THW! Karen Montez

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that THW addresses all of our old hurts and hangups that have led us (me) to obesity. It's so refreshing that you really care about our whole healing, not just a number on the scale!!!!