Jan 6, 2012

The Year in Review!


It's that time of year again! Time to celebrate all that happened in 2011 and time to anticipate 2012! Powerful things are happening at The Healthy Weigh and I couldn't be more excited!

Join me for a look back at 2011:

Last January I made the decision after 30 years, to discontinue the one on one counseling side of The Healthy Weigh's program. That decision came after months of success and participation with our group Team Challenge! Because of the overwhelming success the clients were experiencing at the Team Challenge, the decision came easy. I chose to put all my efforts, finances and energy into what was helping our clients the most! We went on to produce 4 Team Challenges the year of 2011! Our clients lost over 7000 pounds in those 4 challenges, but more importantly, I saw lives being changed from the inside out!

As the participation in the Team Challenge grew, so did our need for a bigger location. It just happened that the suite down the hall was perfect for us! We moved in March just in time to celebrate the finale of our "Saddle Up Your Horses" winter Team Challenge! We purchased 50 more chairs and made room for our spring Team Challenge, "Road Trip." During our summer Team Challenge, "The Amazing Race," We were approached about sharing our space! Because The Healthy Weigh is now only using the space on Tuesday's for the Team Challenge, it made perfect sense to sublease our suite the rest of the week. I was excited to work with "Clark County Career Development" to come up with a shared plan that helped us both. We added a couple of walls, moved a fixture or two and we are happily sharing office space.

We closed out 2011 celebrating one of the most exciting years The Healthy Weigh has ever seen. I saw more weight loss than I've experienced in my 30 year career and I'm working with a community of people that are looking into 2012 with GREAT anticipation!

Stay with me to look into 2012:

We are preparing to begin our 11th season of the Team Challenge on January 10th! Our theme for this 10 week challenge is "BEYOND THE LIMITS." We are climbing Mt. Everest together! :-) As I write this blog on January 6th, we have over 60 teams signed up and ready to begin. I would imagine that 15 to 20 more teams will show up in the next few days! It's going to be an incredible 10 weeks!

We have plans to offer 4 Team Challenges again this year and are so excited about the numbers of clients reaching goal weight and now participating in our Alumni program. Our closed Face book page launched each Team Challenge, has provided a greater support group than I've experienced before. It's with great confidence I'm proud to say the participants in The Healthy Weigh's Team Challenge are some of the most outstanding and supportive people in Clark County. I am honored to be the facilitator of something so powerful!

Here's to the best year The Healthy Weigh and it's clients have ever seen! Here's to permanent weight loss, lives being changed and the ripple effect that all of that change brings!

If you are reading this and haven't participated in The Team Challenge before...don't wait. Come join us on Tuesday,January 10th at noon or 6pm for the program introduction class and climb Mt. Everest with us! We are going to push BEYOND THE LIMITS in 2012...come and push with us!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: