Jan 18, 2013

Fifteenth Season of The Team Challenge About to Begin!

One snowy day in 2006, stranded at home without a car that would travel on the icy streets, I  took advantage of the situation and read a book. The book was a gift from one of my sisters and had been sitting on my bookshelf for quite some time. That cold day in January seemed like the perfect time to read it.  It was The Travelers Gift by Andy Andrews. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down.  My only regret at the end of that day was that I hadn't read it sooner. It was that good. It changed me.  I've haven't quit thinking about it since.

With The Healthy Weigh about to begin their 15th season of the Team Challenge, I'm always looking for ways to inspire people to live their best lives.  When it came time to choose a theme for the Winter Challenge I remembered The Travelers Gift! I couldn't shake the strong feeling that THIS would be the GREATEST theme ever! We've climbed Mt. Everest, gone on Road Trips, Camp Outs and Cruises (to name a few), but nothing will be as powerful as the theme we're about to experience.  I'm convinced that the clients enrolled in this 10 week challenge will walk away from these weeks believing in permanent change...for real, because of The Travelers Gift!!

The book takes us on a journey through history and teaches us about 7 DECISIONS for personal success. We're going to go on that journey together at The Healthy Weigh this winter!  It's going to be powerful!

As I celebrate my 31st year of helping men and women lose weight, I'm sure of one thing..."IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD!!"  (I'm sorry...did I raise my voice???)  I'm a little passionate about that! It seems we all know what to do...we just don't do what we know! The Team Challenge isn't about a diet or recipes, or exercise...it's about finding out WHY we don't do what we know! I belief The Travelers Gift will help us do that.

Oh, you can bet that my clients are going to follow the best nutritional plan available in the next ten weeks and they are going to receive recipes and learn all kinds of things about healthy eating and proper nutrition. They are going to lose a TON of weight in the next ten weeks too.  Some of them will lose 50 pounds or more...but that's not the best part! :-)

The best part is that they are going to change their thinking! From the important lessons I'll teach each week to the CD series they'll listen to with homework, every client will come through the 10 weeks making DECISIONS differently than when they arrived because of changed thinking! First we make DECISIONS ~ then our DECISIONS make us!  For weight loss to be permanent..we MUST change our thinking!

If you are already enrolled in the Winter Team Challenge...be glad! You are going to experience a life changing 10 weeks! Invest all of yourself to the process and you'll reap MAJOR benefits! If you're still undecided...there's still time!  Tuesday, January 22nd is our first weigh in and kick off!  You can join us at Noon, 5:30 or 7:00! You'll seriously thank God that you did!

I told my sister the other day that she was responsible for the theme of this Team Challenge! Her gift of The Travelers Gift not only changed me...but it's going to change a lot of other people too! How cool is that? She was pretty excited.  You never know when you reach out and share a good thing with someone else, how far reaching your influence will really go. Thanks Nancy...from all of us at The Healthy Weigh!

I'll see you on the journey.

Always encouraging you.
Letha




No comments: