Feb 8, 2013

I Will Seek Wisdom ~ The Guided Decision


We are on our second DECISION of our journey through The Travelers Gift... "I Will Seek Wisdom."  We learned this week that there is a big difference between knowledge and wisdom.  Knowledge is the awareness and understanding of facts  or information. Wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge to your life.

I thought it would be appropriate to post a poem from someone who has gone before us and seemed to have lots of wisdom.  Erma Bombeck.  So on this day, let's learn from someone who , if had the chance, would do things a little differently.  


IF I HAD LIFE TO LIVE OVER
I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.

I would have eaten popcorn in the "GOOD" living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried less while watching television and laughed more while watching life.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away 9 months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more "I love yous"...more "I'm sorrys"...but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it...live it...and never give it back.
Erma Bobeck
Now THAT'S WISDOM!
Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: