Jan 23, 2009

Turning 50!

I turned 50 years old this week. For years I've heard old people (50 and over) say that they wouldn't trade wisdom for youth. I used to think, "sure, they have to say that, now that they're old." I realize now, they were right!

As I have sat with handsome men and beautiful women this week, in the 50 and older club, I've been reminded of just how great it is to grow old. I've heard comments like, "this is when life gets really good," and "you know, life really starts at 50." I even heard a couple "50 is the new 30!"

As I have been reflecting on turning 50 this week, I've considered the wisdom that comes with age. Some of mine has come with years of every day life experiences...but most of the wisdom I have attained has come as I have experienced trials and heartache. The greatest sorrows of my life have allowed me the greatest growth. It seems to me that the only way to attain wisdom, is to trade in your youth for it.

As I look ahead to the years that I have before me, I am more excited than ever to face the challenges, and the celebrations that come after 50! I am wiser, stronger, and more patient, than I ever been...and for the record, I wouldn't trade wisdom for youth either!

Here's to all my friends and family in "the club", I'm happy to be a part of such a great group of people!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: