Mar 10, 2011

On Second Thought


I'm reading a good book right now. It's called "3 Seconds" By Les Parrott, PhD. It's a great book encouraging the reader to breathe in , breathe out, and change your life!

Three seconds, an insignificant unit of time? Not according to Dr. Les Parrott. Three seconds is enough time to give your first impulse a second thought. That makes all the difference sometimes between wishing you could change things and actually
transforming your life. In three seconds you can move from "Whatever"... to "Whatever it takes!"

So many of us believe that our first impulse, or thought, is right, and it sabotages us. These self-defeating impulses emerge automatically straight from our unhealthy belief systems. What if we took three seconds to breathe in and breathe out and allowed ourselves to act on our second thought?

Our first thought might be: "There's nothing I can do about it."
Our Second thought: "I can't do everything, but I can do something."

Our first thought might be: "Someday I'm going to do that."
Our second thought: I'm diving in...starting today!"

Our first thought might be: I'll do what happens to come my way."
Our second thought: "I'll do what I'm designed to do."

Try the pause this week, just three seconds, breathe in and breathe out then rethink that first impulse and consider your second thought!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: