Sep 9, 2011

"So That..."


It's all about the motivation! Motive; the inner drive that causes one to act.
We spend way too much time thinking about food when we are trying to lose weight...and way too little time thinking about why we want to lose weight; our motive for losing weight.

Our weight loss goals MUST inspire us. Motivation is SO important to being successful at weight loss and weight maintenance that I am going to spend the next 10 weeks on Motivation! One week at a time, focusing on one tool to add to your motivation tool box. Here we go:


1. Keep on saying "So That"

Ask yourself "Why do I want to lose weight?" and after you come up with a reason why... Just keep on saying SO THAT...

For example - Why Do you want to lose weight?

•I want to lose weight to look better SO THAT...
•I want to lose weight so I can feel more confident about myself SO THAT...
•I want to lose weight so I can look amazing at my high school reunion SO THAT...
•I want to lose weight to be a healthy wife and mother SO THAT...
•I want to lose weight to have better health SO THAT...

Can you see what's happening here?

The more times you say SO THAT, the more and more motivated you'll become to lose weight.

We connect somewhat to why we want to lose weight, but we don't make it personal enough to motivate us on a deep level. Motive... the inner drive that cause one to act.

Everyone should lose weight for their health. right?
Everyone should lose weight to feel more confident, right?
Everyone should lose weight and model health for their children, right?

But why you? Why should you do these things? Adding SO THAT at the end of your goal statements will make a difference and help you connect to why YOU should accomplish these things!

Try it this week...SO THAT...

One tool each week. Pick them up, use them, and lets see what you build by the end of these 10 weeks!

Always encouraging you.
Letha

No comments: