Apr 6, 2012

It's all about the RE!


Tuesday at The Healthy Weigh, Glenda and I taught a class that made a difference...in our lives as we prepared for it, and in the lives of our clients who attended the class. I was asked to summarize it in my blog this morning. So here goes...

Losing weight can be a difficult journey. At some point along the way I hear comments like this from my clients:

"I've lost my focus and I can't get it back."
"I'm just not motivated...I don't know why."
"I'm sick of being disciplined."
"I'm tired of thinking about food all the time, preparing it, planning it..."
"I'm mad, I don't want to do the diet thing."
"I've been out of control with my eating and I'm scared that I won't be able to get back in control."

Sound familiar? Can you relate to any of these comments?

Maybe it's not your diet, but it's something else in your life that feels out of control. Your job, your home life, your relationships. Things are "OK" but you are just living an average life at best. You're going through the motions some days just trying to keep your head above water. You look back over the last few months and think "Wow, I'm doing what I have to do every day, but I've lost my zeal for life."

There is a way to change all of that... TODAY! It won't be because your circumstances change today, whether they are good or bad, they'll probably be the same tomorrow. It's not because you can reach your goal weight today, there's not enough time for that to happen between today and tomorrow. But there is a way to wake up tomorrow with a new attitude. It's all about the RE!

I was doing some studying some time back and came across this little inspiring thought. RE means...again...a new. I don't know about you, but I need to RE. We all need to RE from time to time!

We start out on a program or a life change and we are motivated, we are inspired, we are challenged. Then we do what we ALL do. We lose hope, we make mistakes, we just lack.

That's where RE comes in to the story. Is it time for a REDO?

We must choose to RETURN to our dreams, REDIRECT our thoughts, REACQUAINT ourselves with our goals. Maybe we need to choose to REDESIGN our lives, REEXAMINE our priorities, REFORMULATE a plan, REPACK our backpacks or RESCHEDULE our activities. Maybe we need to RECEIVE good words from ourselves, we might even need to RECRUIT a group of people to help, or RECOVER from hurts. We might need to RETREAT for a while and RECUPERATE. Might you need to REFLECT? Do you need to RECOMMIT?

Maybe you need to REFRAIN, or REFRESH. You might just have to REGROUP, REPENT, or REPAIR. Its' not January, but it might be time to RESOLVE. Do you need a REVIEW or a REVISE?

RE... again and again and again! We will live average lives at best if we don't RE!

It's all about the RE.
We don't come into this world, into relationships, into challenging programs with everything we need for the entirety of it. We must RE to live out our lives healthy and whole.

You might want to sit with a dictionary and look up RE words. You might want to REVISIT the calendar for the rest of the year and READJUST goals, REDETERMINE priorities, and for sure REDIRECT your thoughts!

If you are not HAPPY with how things are going right now, you've got to REEXAMINE your life. Take the time to RE. This can't be something that you do in your head as you drive down the road...you've got to take the time to sit down with a pen and a piece of paper and RE... again, a new!

It's all about the RE!

Take the time to RE and I promise things will turn around for you.

On a personal note, I am smiling this morning as I write on Good Friday thinking about, and thankful, that I am REDEEMED! Have a blessed Easter.

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: