Jun 15, 2012

Face Your Stuff ~ Don't Stuff Your Face!


This mantra showed up on the back of a team's shirt at our Team Challenge last year! I love it! Yesterday it sprang up again in the dialog of our Team Challenge participants on their face book page. It got me thinking.

"Face your stuff, don't stuff your face." Such wise instruction with life changing results. I thought a lot about my Healthy Weigh clients yesterday, past and present, in regards to this instruction. I observe and hear about how our clients are choosing to NOT stuff their faces...which brings about excitement and weight loss. We celebrate the pounds coming off as clients are choosing a new way to eat. I've observed for 30 years now, that people can avoid overeating, change their actions and lose weight...they can chose to NOT stuff their faces. The bigger questions is...are they facing their stuff?

Are you "white knuckling" it through the weight loss program, or are you facing the deeper issues that caused you to put the weight on in the first place? I am ALL for a program that offers a easy, healthy, system to lose weight, but the program can't stop there or at best the weight loss will be temporary. Are you facing your stuff?

I've talked in the past about coping skills; the act of taking what's inside of you (pain, resentment, bitterness, unforgiveness, to name a few)and getting it out... processing the feelings instead of denying them. Sometimes I think that when a client doesn't go to food, doesn't USE food as their drug of choice, they feel like they are facing their stuff, when in reality, they have just avoided stuffing the pain down temporarily. Not stuffing your face is very important in this journey...but facing your stuff is the key to permanent weight loss!

Are you journaling your feelings? Are you talking to a friend or a counselor about the anxieties and pain in your life? Are you identifying what you're really feeling when you stand at the refrigerator looking for "something?" Are you facing your stuff?

What ever our drugs of choice are...food, alcohol, drugs, shopping, working too much, we can change our actions and quit "using" for a time, but unless we choose to face our stuff, we will, on auto pilot, return to the drug that makes us feel better.

My deepest desire as the owner of The Healthy Weigh, is to see my clients/friends, healthy from the inside out. I am proud to offer a nutritional plan that can't be beat, but I am much more passionate about helping people make permanent change that will affect every area of their lives.

July 17th we will begin our 13th season of our Team Challenge. We have a group of individuals who are serious about permanent weight loss. They are facing their stuff. We also have a number of brand new clients beginning a journey at The Heathy Weigh.  I look forward to introducing them to what I believe is the best program available anywhere! At the Healthy Weigh we believe in facing our stuff and we'll be doing just that during the 10 weeks of the Summer Team Challenge!

Journey on my friends. Face your stuff! You'll be so glad you did!

Always encouraging you.
Letha

No comments: