Nov 23, 2012

Keeper of the Keys

I sit on the day after Thanksgiving thinking. Thinking about the holiday weeks coming up. Thinking about my job as a motivator of people; just how am I to help people think rightly about taking care of themselves during the busiest time of the year? 

I've learned over the years that I can do my VERY best to inspire, motivate and encourage people...but the decision to do the work lies right inside of each one of them. I can't want it (health and wholeness) more than they want it!


You can't be around me for very only without hearing me say that it's all about your thought life!!! How we think determines how we act.  So on this day after Thanksgiving, as we head into "the most wonderful time of the year," but a difficult time for people making healthy choices, I'm posting this wonderful poem about our thought life! It's so reassuring to be reminded that WE hold the keys to our thought life! We have COMPLETE control over how we think!! I'm thankful for that today and every day!

"Keeper of the Keys"
You are the Keeper of The Keys.
You are the Guard at The Gate.
Waiting in line to get through that door Is
LOVE and also HATE.
In line to enter is GENTLE PEACE.
And also VIOLENT WAR.
You must choose who may, and who May not come through the door.
INTOLERANCE tries to sneak on through
On wings of FEAR, or PRIDE.
It hides behind DREAMS of BELONGING,
And tries to sneak inside.
Oh! Be alert! You're the Guard who decides
Who GOES and who may STAY.
You are The Keeper of The Keys to Your Mind.
Who will you let in today?

Guy Gilchrist

I encourage you to be the "Keeper of the Keys" to your mind today and every day for the rest of 2012! Choose to think rightly and guard your thoughts. Who will you let in today? 


Always encouraging you,
Letha





No comments: