Jul 9, 2010

Motivation is in the Doing!

Motivation is at the heart of all success. The word motivation comes from the word motive…think about that. Motivation is at the heart of all success…motives come from the heart! Motivation comes from within you!

Here’s the good news…you have control over how motivated you are!

You’re not alone if your motivation wavers…you’re not alone if you’ve said, “This is hard,” “I don’t know if I can do this”, “I don’t know why I’m doing this”. “I don’t want to do this anymore” “I’m not motivated.”

Those are normal thoughts

But Remember…..
Your Thoughts dictate your feelings and your feelings dictate your actions.

If you are thinking those thoughts, If you are saying those words…I need to let you know that the odds are against you...you might not get to the finish line.
How motivated do you feel right now?

Words are powerful, thoughts are as powerful!

The truth is this. Making the choice to be disciplined with your eating and exercise, setting limits on yourself and learning to say no thank you, is less than fun, less than exciting, less than happy…but the benefits are all of that and more!!!

Motivation is all about the benefits…all about our thought life… all about what we focus on!

So it’s up to you to keep motivation alive. Motivation starts with a thought. A thought that says, if I want to be successful, if I want to cross the finish line and then keep my weight off, I need motivation and I need it now! I will choose a thought pattern that keeps me focused on where I’m going, what I’m getting, and what life will be like when I get there!
Motivation is in the doing…doing something to keep your thought life right, strong, focused.

Some of my tools, my secrets to keeping my motivation alive are…

Clothing
Hang it out…hang it in the pantry if you need to!
Do you have clothes in your closet that still have the tags on them? Did you buy it a little small and then never get into it? Get them out and make them visible!
Change it out if you get used to seeing it there!

What would you be wearing if you were at goal weight…That’s what you focus on!

Year at a Glance
Get it out in front of you…what will your next 12 months look like as you get slimmer and slimmer…healthier and healthier?!

What events will take on a different feeling a different excitement a different freedom at your goal weight?

Words
Be inspired by them, print them, post them in view. Words are powerful and they will keep you focused!

What motivates you?

Sporting equipment?
How would you be playing if you were at goal weight. That’s what you focus on!


Collages
What would your life represent if you were at goal weight How would your life improve?


Motivation is in the doing…it’s taking a naturally negative, discouraged, unbelieving attitude and turning it around.

Motivation is about walking away from spending your time and energy thinking about food, thinking about what you don’t get to eat today, and instead, thinking about a life free from being burdened down with extra pounds.

How much time are you spending thinking about what you can’t eat instead of where you’re going?

Let’s turn our homes, our cars, our workplaces, into places of renewed motivation…reminders of where you’re going, why it matters, how our life will improve
That’s doing motivation!

Every place you go…you should be inspired and provoked to climb this mountain, to run this race, to accomplish this task…you’re just the one that has to create it!

Motivation is truly in the doing!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: